|.||Surah 104 Al-Humazah
The Name of Allah, the
Compassion, the Compassionate
(1) Woe to the gossip hopper,
(2) who amasses wealth in all forms,
(3) under the illusion that he will live forever by it.
(4) His illusion will soon be broken in an ever breaking world.
(5) And if you want to appreciate the torment of such a world where everything eventually breaks down,
(6) Such is God’s blazing fire,
(7) which emanates from men’s hearts,
(8) and makes them feel like they are prisoners of it,
(9) in a great hollow of many columns.
No man is ever more dead, according to this surah, than a man who spends his time spreading false information in the interest of his money-making interests. Coming as it did after the surah of “the Resurrection”, this surah is, in contrast, about the un-resurrected. For in contrast to the man who lives for ever by the spirit, this man thinks that his money will make him live forever. Such an illusion however, is soon broken down in this breaking world where everything breaks down.
Such a world, if you come to think of it, is a blazing fire emanating from the heart of the person who clings to it. He finds out that it is like being in a tomb!
|..||.Ibrahim AbuNab (1931-1991)|