|.||Surah 107 Al-Ma'oun
The Name of Allah, the
Compassion, the Compassionate
(1) Have you considered what kind of a person is he who falsifies the faith?
(2) It is indeed he who maltreats the orphan
(3) and lets the poor go hungry.
(4) Therefore woe betide those who pray
(5) and miss the meaning of their prayer.
(6) For they make a hypocritical display of their prayers
(7) and balk at giving help to others.
While “Al-Kawther” dealt with man’s relation to God through his relation with himself, this Surah which may have been revealed directly after Al-Kawther deals with man’s relation to God through his relation with his fellowman. Therefore, it is he who maltreats the orphan and lets the poor go hungry that falsifies the faith. And woe betide those who forget the meaning of their prayer who make a display of their religion and balk at giving help to others.
|..||.Ibrahim AbuNab (1931-1991)|