|.||Surah 102 Al-Takathur
The Name of Allah, the
Compassion, the Compassionate
(1) People are proven to be preoccupied with worldly matters wanting always more and more
(2) from the cradle to the grave they stay preoccupied
(3) But they shall know someday the implication of what they are doing
(4) And when they discover the meaning of it in real terms
(5) They will see that it is hell on earth
(6) But then they shall see hell again
(7) when they will have to account for the affluence they had lived through.
For this surah of “Takathur” meaning literally proliferation, to come after Al-Kawther which is of the same root explains the difference between two quantums the physical and the spiritual one.
At-Takathur is descriptive of human greed and the tendencies which if they dominate human society will lead to a state of hell in society.
|..||.Ibrahim AbuNab (1931-1991)|